Saturday, February 7, 2015

The most amazing thing happened last night.  I was out to dinner with Lin and a young man, working at the restaurant, stops and says..."Mr. Spisak"...it took me a couple of seconds, but i did recognize the face and remember the name of this young man...I had worked with him about six years ago in middle school and he remembered me...His huge smile and happy demeanor was fantastic, and the big hug from him even better.

 He and I had a few minutes to talk and catch up...he was working hard to save up money to attend college starting in the fall and had to get back to work....I asked how things were going and his response was well...I asked what he wanted to do and he answered his goal was to become a college professor so he could help educate those in the next generations...He thanked me for all I had done for him and indicated he hoped to see me again soon.

Another hug was exchanged, smiles all around and I am still on cloud 9 today!

Teachers make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment